Customized CMS website development refers to the creation of a website through the content management system. A CMS helps you create and manage content on a website. The software caters to non-technical users who aren’t much familiar with the coding, and other technicalities. The content in CMS is stored in a database and displayed in a presentation layer based on a set of templates.
CMS allow users to conveniently create, edit, organize, and publish content. Moreover, it grants the ability to upload, edit, and delete content from a website without having knowledge about HTML, CSS, XHTML, and many others. Furthermore, eCommerce, which has now become a huge phenomenon, requires custom CMS website development.
CMS websites are considered best for eCommerce stores. Custom web design services for eCommerce provide with full complete CMS website. Custom web design services offer various CMS platforms that possess the ability to transform an ordinary site into an extraordinary online store. These platforms offers maximum convenience to users. From managing orders to tracking inventory, everything becomes a matter of seconds. This content-first approach leads to increased website traffic and sales.
Custom CMS website development also acts as a bridge between an online store and PayPal powered by Braintree, Stripe, and other leading payment gateways with just a few clicks.
When it comes to managing the back end system of a website, whether it is eCommerce, corporate, or educational website, custom CMS website development is a necessity. A Custom web design company develops a custom CMS website according to the business needs and requirement. The selection of a highly functional CMS website will spare you the cost of hiring a custom web development, and you can put that cost to better use.
Further, custom CMS website development is best when the businesses have security concerns or corporate security requirements. The Custom CMS website protect your website from being hacked. Every plugin is self-developed, which none of the hackers can have access to. Moreover, it shifts the data-sensitive public page into sub-sites that provides extra protection.
Benefits of Custom CMS Website Development
One major advantage of a custom CMS website development is its collaborative nature. As mentioned above, multiple users can log in, contribute, schedule, or edit the content that has to be published. Since the interface is usually browser-based, a CMS can be accessed from anywhere by as many number of users.
The second major advantage of a CMS is that it enables non-technical people, who aren’t familiar with coding, to conveniently manage their own web content. Moreover, it allows users to enter text and upload images without needing to know any HTML or CSS.
Furthermore, a custom CMS website development saves staff time. It serves efficient functionality in searching and even provides the facility to modify the web pages when needed. Lastly, When a company uses a CMS platform to publish its pages, it reduces its reliance on front-end engineers to make changes to the website, making it quicker, simple, and easier to publish new content.
Although there are hundreds of CMS platforms out there, here are top 7 listed below:
CMS expected to be the Best for your Business in 2021
WordPress is recognized as one of the most popular CMS platform. With around 18 million installations, WordPress has become the most-used open source CMS platform worldwide. One of the major reasons for its popularity is = the fact that users can make changes on the website without requiring anybody’s help.
Several extensions are now available in the basic installation process, which makes it possible to upgrade the software to a fully functional CMS. The user community benefits a lot from an enormous collection of themes, plug-ins, and widgets. It has more than 50,000 extensions and a huge array of free design templates
Advantages & Disadvantages:
- WordPress is best suited for small and simply structured websites.
- WordPress has a five-minute installation via Wizard. Further, it publishes and manages tools for mobiles.
- Another perk that WordPress offers is its free and paid templates. Using these templates, the users craft a creative and professional website which draws the attention of prospects instantly. These templates are available in many forms and contain a wide range of graphics to continue keeping your website looking fresh and relevant.
- WordPress also offers a management feature for the menus. This option provides the addition of useful functions such as individual pages and categories. With these options available on the website, specialized menus can be added to the website that will allow the visitor to jump onto other pages and categories to explore the website.
With so many advantages, WordPress has its disadvantages as well.
- Adding content on the page can affect security. The PHP security system usually does not have the stamina and quality of other servers. This creates a problem when more content is added on the page. When more content is added, it results in security levels being dropped in quality, and the web pages become less protected.
- WordPress-developed websites are prone to hacking. Due to its high usage, it’s a popular target for hackers. Because of that, WordPress requires to update their software fairly regularly along with security updates.
- WordPress websites need proper maintenance, which can be expensive in the long run. The website gets slow if it is not upgraded. A website that takes more than usual time to load, scares the prospects away. Page loading time plays a significant role in the online world.
Joomla is the platform that is used by giant brands like MTV, Ikea, and eBay. Therefore, if you are also looking forward to developing a website using Joomla, there are high chances that you create an amazing website. With almost a 5% market coverage, Joomla is the second biggest platform in the CMS market. The software works well for both beginners and advanced users. Although it is more challenging to use than WordPress, Joomla is more secure and professional than WordPress. The system is particularly popular in the USA and it is an object-oriented software design.
Advantages & Disadvantages:
- Joomla currently has around 8,000 available extensions. Let’s discuss the advantages of this platform.
- Joomla is one of the easiest CMS programs to install. This is one of the few CMS platforms that can be quickly downloaded and the user can begin to use it immediately.
- Plug-ins are another perk of Joomla. Many of the CMS platforms ask users to download the plug-ins as soon as you install them to get the functionality. However, Joomla offers a wide range of free plug-ins themselves that can be used right away.
- Joomla provides easy navigation through each feature. This allows users to speed through the creation process and maintain the pages in less time.
Now with disadvantages:
- One of the main disadvantages of Joomla is the look of the site. It can be daunting to see the array of modules and other options, especially if you’re a beginner. Although a concern like this is fixable, it still creates hindrance in crafting a professional website.
Developed as a student community solution, Drupal has contributed in the creation of thousands of websites. It is available as a full-fledge open source CMS platform. It is also a free CMS tool, except the fact that it requires its own hosting. The software comes with an easy and basic installation plan with quite 36,000 extension modules.
Drupal incorporates a flexible, modular layout and it focuses on social publishing and community projects. With its specialized in social publishing, Drupal is especially fitted to small and medium-sized community projects. The large spectrum of extensions makes it possible to implement company portals with complex multi-domain structures.
Advantages & Disadvantages:
One of the most important advantages of using Drupal is:
- its functionality. This program has functions that caters to all of your programming needs. It also provides modification tools for graphics to keep the pages updated.
- Drupal offers many options when it comes to creating and managing content. This options allow users to make a customized web design that helps their business flourish.
- Multiple users are often added to help in editing or creating content with Drupal. Using this feature, various company employees and other people can do changes or additions that are suitable for the site. Further, this feature provides an authority and chance to multiple people to explore the workings at the back end development and alsp enables them to make changes for good.
- It’s fast-loading, secure, and supports 70 different languages.
- There are preset page functions and a large range of layouts and templates for designing the most effective page per requirements and desires.
- Users can either create their own plug-ins or use ones that are already created by Drupal.
- Moreover, it’s one of the most secure CMS platforms, which makes it convenient and simple for organizations to keep their content safe online.
Even though the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, it is important to know them.
- There are fewer developers for Drupal and therefore, the development cost is high.
- The lack of high-quality designs in the free version creates difficulty within the installation of updates and program modules.
Typo3 is a free, open-source CMS platform. Originally, it was released in 1998. It’s an enterprise CMS, which means this CMS platform is an enterprise management system which is frequently updated in terms of technicalities by experienced developers. TYPO3 is an ideal CMS platform for large corporate portals and e-commerce platforms.
Advantages & Disadvantages:
Let’s start with the advantages:
- Typo3 allows multiple administrators access to a wide range of tools to update and change the pages as per their needs and requirements.
- These CMS platforms provide a wide range of options to create a webpage because of its modularity and extensions. The wide array and diversity of extensions and modules help users to create their desirable webpages.
- TYPO3 can handle really large websites. It’s a good option for large international companies.
- Typo3 allow users to undo changes at will to create their desirable pageThis further includes changing the structure of a page to fit the business needs.
Now, let’s take a look at the disadvantages.
- There are not many themes available on CMS platforms, so most likely, the user has to hire someone to create a webpage.
- Implementation, configuration, maintenance, and administration require knowledge and expertise.
- The expansions on these CMS platforms require high server demand. These demands decrease efficiency and usability as the site becomes bogged down.
Shopify is an all-in-one hosted CMS platform, which means the user does not have to buy hosting, install any software, or manage things like updates and backups. Shopify is most popular for its straightforward drag and drop interface. Further, this CMS platform supports in-store sales, which is great for users with both physical as well as an online store. This platform is largely focused on e-commerce users.
Advantages & Disadvantages:
Beginning with advantages:
Shopify allows users to accept credit and debit cards through Shopify’s integrated payment solution. PayPal is also included as one of Shopify’s payment providers.
There are wide range extensions and themes available on Shopify to create the desired webpage.
Shopify has 24/7 support through live chat, email, phone, and even Twitter, which makes it easier for customers to interact with the brand.
The wide range of options on Shopify provides users with choices to create a top e-commerce site according to their needs and requirements.
A look at the disadvantages.
- It is highly costly to the user if they want to add lots of third-party apps to your store.
- Since the platform is more focused on e-commerce, businesses that do not sell products may find Shopify useless and less user-friendly as compared to other CMS platforms.
Magento is a powerful open-source eCommerce platform. It is powered by the huge software company Adobe. There’s a free version that users can download and install on their own web hosting account, called Magento Open Source.
Advantages and disadvantages:
The pros and cons of CMS platforms can play a major role in whether or not to choose them. Let’s about the pros first.
- Magento is highly customizable. With a variety of third-party extensions available on Magento it allows users to add extra features on the website.
- Magento allows users to manage a large number of products and customers conveniently. It lets businesses grow easily, without the site slowing down.
- There are some really big name brands using this CMS platform, including Nike, Ford, and Coca Cola.
- Magento has different payment getaways that users can connect with. Further, It also has options, like PayPal, cash on delivery, and bank transfer already built-in.
The disadvantages are:
- Users found the platform too complex. It doesn’t have the ease of access to functions or user-friendly abilities like other CMS platforms offer.
- Another concern for Magento is the flexibility of use. Many users feel Magento lacks in many ways in functionality. Therefore, it creates a negative impact.
- Since Magento runs with PHP, many beginners to use this CMS platform and are not able to use programming tools like PHP. Therefore, finding smart developers to fix the site is hard and can also be expensive at the same time.
Squarespace gained its popularity through their extensive marketing. Their finished products are beautiful and the brand as a whole has a history that is trusted. Squarespace has a market coverage of 2.6%, which makes it the 4th highest used CMS platform.
Advantages & Disadvantages:
Let’s dive right into advantages.
- There are many templates offered that are ready for publication. Squarespace further allows users to upload their own designs so that they can create their desired website.
- The backend design is easy to use. If the user is familiar with WordPress, Blogger, or a similar platform, then they can conveniently use Squarespace.
- It’s an all-in-one platform. One does not have to worry about plug-ins, widgets, or apps when they use this builder. Everything is pre-built into this platform.
- Customer support is always available with Squarespace. Customers can receive 24/7 support through email and live chat boxes on this platform.
Just like other platforms, Squarespace has its own cons:
- Squarespace is relatively expensive.
- If you want Squarespace to bill you on a month-to-month basis, then it’s $26 per month for your site.
- There is no support for third-party apps, plug-ins, or extensions, which makes it difficult for beginners to customize their sites.
There is a whole pool of CMS platforms available out there. The best and most effective CMS is the one that best caters to your business’s needs and requirments. I hope this post will help you figure this out, and assist you in making better choices for your business in the coming year.